We’re sorry, but this item is no longer being produced. A light and sound grand tour of the solar system. The vast and beautiful sounds you hear on these CDs are all from recordings of planets, moons and rings of planets in our Solar System. the Space Sounds are the complex interactions of charged electromagnetic particles from the Solar Wind, ionisphere, and planetary magnetosphere. This creates vibration “soundscapes” which are at once utterly alien and deeply familiar to the listener. Although space is a virtual vacuum, this does not mean there is no sound in space. Sound does exist as electromagnetic vibrations. The specially designed instruments on board the various space probes used Plasma Wave antenna to record the vibrations used here, all within the range of human hearing (20-20,000 CPS) Each planet, moon and ring system has a distinctive “musical” pattern. Listening to this unusual collection has a mysteriously relaxing effect. After a long hard day, you can bring your brainwaves into a slower and meditative state. A must for users of light and sound machines. This remarkable set of 10 CDs includes:
- Saturns rings: Soothing throbbing pulses
- Miranda: Haunting and beautiful winds
- Neptune: Like strange beat patterns. Haunting melodies emerge
- Voice of Earth: Like dolphins, birds, roars and voices. Deeply relaxing
- Saturn: Like night sounds of insects; slowed down 10-20 times
- Jupiter: Like a giant metal gong; rubbed with a wooden stick
- IO: Satellite of Jupiter
- Rings of Uranus: Like giant Tibetan bowls and bells Centering
- Song of Earth (Terra’s Song): Composed soundscape of natural earth frequencies.
- Uranus: Multiple sounds sweeping in every direction This is a complete journey of known recordings, in the order of the voyage, of Voyagers 1 and 2 to all the planets, rings of planets, and satellites (moons). Earth recordings were made by INJUN 1, ISEE 1, and HAWKEYE space probes. These are the real space sounds recordings made from the original recordings.
- 10 CD Set. Total of 5 Hours. Includes a 26 page booklet of photos and information. We’re sorry, but this item is no longer being produced.