Before the birth of the universe there existed your "Original Face," the limitless Self that has been present throughout the unfolding of inert matter into life-and that continues to dwell within us at every level of consciousness. Where is this grand evolution taking us-and how can each of us participate more fully in it? On Kosmic Consciousness, Ken Wilber invites you to find out.
Since the first publication of his groundbreaking ideas at the age of 23, Ken Wilber has sought to bring together the world's far-ranging spiritual teachings, philosophies, and scientific truths into one coherent and all-embracing vision. This "integral" map of the Kosmos (the universe that includes the physical cosmos as well as the realms of consciousness and Spirit) offers an unprecedented guide to discovering your highest potentials. Now, this legendary author invites you to discover these insights in his first full-length audio learning course. In 10 fascinating sessions, Wilber pursues questions especially relevant to spiritual seekers: What are the most effective tools for "jumping" to the next level in your spiritual, creative, and cognitive development? Does prayer work? How do women and men experience consciousness differently? Is subtle energy real and, if so, how do we harness it? Why is developing "witness consciousness" so crucial for self-realization? Can we cultivate infinite love by loving one, finite person? What, exactly, does "Kosmic consciousness" feel like?
One of our greatest possibilities, teaches Wilber, is "to balance and harmonize our experiences at whatever stage of growth we are in-and to deepen our capacity for compassion, consciousness, and care." For Ken Wilber's many avid readers, and anyone who has been waiting for a highly accessible invitation to his work, here is one of the most significant thinkers of our time-spontaneous, passionate, irreverent-sharing a feast of ideas to inspire you on your evolution toward Kosmic Consciousness.Listen to a sample
(RealAudio)Kosmic Consciousness Highlights:The "one taste" of the Kosmos
Quadrants, lines, states, types, and stages-a complete introduction to the Integral Map
Assessing your constellation of "multiple intelligences"
The Good, the True, and the Beautiful-three realms of experience explored
How meditation works and why it is the most reliable tool for personal development
Feminine and masculine drives- how our biology influences our spiritual evolution
The chakra system, a paradigm for the unfolding self
Integral insights for artists, business people, and athletes
Altered states of consciousness- how they can catalyze (or hinder) transformation
Sexuality and lovemaking in the gross, subtle, and causal bodies
The "pre-trans fallacy," an essential insight for evaluating spiritual tools, traditions, and teachers
How fearlessness grows as your sense of self expands
Four definitions of spirituality
The ego-is it a vehicle or an obstacle to awakening?
Lucid dreaming, astrology, brain machines, the enneagram-integral perspectives
Mystical experiences in nature-a window into spirit
How love "re-wires" the self
Could your dog be an enlightened master?
Basic Moral Intuition-a compass for our actions in the world
Cultural "centers of gravity" and how they influence us
Insights of Jurgen Habermas, Jean Gebser, Carol Gilligan, Howard Gardner, Clare Graves, Jane Loevinger, and others
Reincarnation-myth or provable phenomenon?
What does an enlightened teacher "transmit?"
Ascending, descending, and "non-dual" spiritual paths
Tantra and the "embrace of heaven and earth"
Over 12 hours of insights in a rare series of meetings with Ken Wilber
KOSMIC CONSCIOUSNESS Table of Contents
The Integral Approach: the Big Three, the Quadrants, and the Lines of Development
2. Ken Wilber: Kosmic storyteller
3. Integral map-making
4. I, We, and It-the Good, the True, and the Beautiful
5. The Four Quadrants
6. The Lines of Development
7. The special importance of cognitive development
Evolution Enfolds: the Stages of Development
2. The Stage conception
3. What does "spiritual" mean?
4. Levels, structures, stages, waves
5. Are we evolving as a species?
6. The dangers of evolution
7. Reincarnation and human development through the life
From Identification with self to Realization of the Self
2. A simple model of development
3. Divination, astrology, and the pre-trans fallacy
4. From mythic to integral, and beyond
5. What techno-economic base will emerge to support
6. The widening of identity
7. "Center of gravity" and the developmental line of the
8. Was Ramana Maharshi an integrally realized world teacher?
States of Consciousness
2. Waking, dreaming, and deep sleep-the gross, subtle, and
3. Your Original Face-the ever-present Witness
4. How the experience of altered states leads to the
acquisition of higher stages of development
5. An integrally informed approach to psychedelics
6. Levels and fields of subtle energy
7. Can you rank evolution by species?
8. The Wilber-Combs Matrix
9. The momentous leap from first tier to second tier consciousness
2. Typology and the Integral Map
3. Gender tendencies and masculine and feminine modes of
4. Rights and responsibilities, freedom and fullness
5. Making love in the gross, subtle, and causal body
6. Androgyny, bisexuality, and the cultivation of
masculine and feminine sexual energy
7. Combining vertical scales with horizontal systems of typology
8. Will new elements be added to the integral map?
The Precious Opportunity of Human Birth
2. Ascending, descending, and non-dual spiritual
3. What is the goal of human development?
4. The realization of One Taste
5. Precious human birth
6. The seven chakras correlated with states and stages
7. What happens when an enlightened being dies?
Developing Witness Consciousness
2. The Inexpressibles
3. EEG evidence of brain states associated with satori
4. How meditation accelerates vertical development
5. Does writing strengthen the witness?
6. Turiya: the fourth state of consciousness
7. Highlights of Ken Wilber's personal experiences with
8. Breakthroughs, downturns, and plateaus in Ken Wilber's process of awakening
Integral Transformative Practice
2. The transmission of non-dual awareness
3. How can we understand the uneven development of
4. Have we moved beyond the age of gurus?
5. Guidelines for choosing a spiritual teacher
6. Exercising body, mind, and spirit in self, culture, and
7. The world of the dream and the world of waking up-the domains of psychotherapy and spiritual practice
8. The Ego-ego axis
9. Does prayer accelerate human development?
The Basic Moral Intuition
2. The greatest depth for the greatest span
3. Animal rights, abortion, capital punishment-ethical
dilemmas that involve evaluating the depth of sentient life
4. What about vegetarianism and the basic moral intuition?
5. When is war justified?
6. Integral peace-making and the vision of a World Federation
7. Diplomatic lying
Applying the Integral Model
2. Speaking AQAL-the language of an all-quadrant, all-
3. Integral art
4. Is there a 3-D visual model for the integral map?
5. Ken Wilber applies his theory of literary criticism to his own work
6. Is understanding the integral model necessary for human development?
7. Should we consider a work of art separate from the ethics of the artist?
8. An all-quadrant, all-level story of the future
10 CDs / 12.5 Hours